From 6th to 10th September 2021, the Arqus Alliance is pleased to invite you to participate in the "2021 Summer School in Cybersecurity".
The "2021 Summer School in Cybersecurity" aims at bringing together members of the Arqus European University Alliance to debate contemporary issues in the area of security and privacy. The school consists of lectures and hands-on sessions, given by world-leading researchers in this area, and of a students' forum.
The school is open to any student, researcher, and practitioner from academia and industry. The school aims at bringing together members from the international security research community to debate contemporary issues about cyber security topics.
At the end of the summer school, four awards will be assigned. Each award consists of free registration to the Network and Distributed System Security Symposium (NDSS) 2022, which is one of the top cybersecurity conferences to be held from 27th February to 3rd March 2022 in San Diego, CA (https://www.ndss-symposium.org/). The award assignment procedure will be the following one:
- After each hands-on session, a set of exercises will be released and students will have the opportunity to solve them through the knowledge acquired during the school
- Each set of exercises will have specific details about how to face it and how to submit the solution
- Students can solve the extra exercises during the whole week and submit their solutions accordingly
- On 10th September, a Committee will identify the top 10 students and invite them to present their solutions (20 minutes per student)
- At the end of the presentations, the Committee will announce the 4 winners
The school will be virtual, but participants can attend it in presence at any of the four organizing universities (i.e., University of Padua, Vilnius University, University of Granada, Université Jean Monnet). Due to Covid restrictions, the University of Padua will have limited physical access to the building. Priority will be given to the students of the Master Degree in CyberSecurity (both the ones already enrolled and the ones that are going to be enrolled next year).
To apply for the school, please, fill in this form.
The Application deadline for the school is: 24 August 2021
Already confirmed speakers include:
- Prof. Federica Battisti, University of Padua, Italy
- Prof. Mauro Conti, University of Padua, Italy
- Prof. Nicola Laurenti, University of Padua, Italy
- Prof. Eleonora Losiouk, University of Padua, Italy
- Prof. Simone Milani, University of Padua, Italy
- Prof. Stefano Tomasin, University of Padua, Italy
- Prof. Giuseppe Vallone, University of Padua, Italy
- Prof. Paolo Villoresi, University of Padua, Italy
- Prof. Mauro Migliardi, University of Padua, Italy
- Prof. Davide Bresolin, University of Padua, Italy
- Prof. Giovanni Da San Martino, University of Padua, Italy
- Prof. Margarita Robles Carrillo, University of Granada, Spain
- Prof. Gabriel Maciá Fernández, University of Granada, Spain
- Prof. Pedro García Teodoro, University of Granada, Spain
- Prof. Pierre Maret, University Jean Monnet Saint Etienne, France
- Prof. Linas Bukauskas, Vilnius University, Lithuania
For any questions, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Information updated on 6th September 2021.