The University of Graz is organizing a new workshop on service learning that will take place online next 5th July from 9:00 to 16:00 CEST. The training entitled “Teaching a service-learning course: Introduction, benefits, practical guidelines” is addressed to Arqus teachers.
The topics that will be covered in the workshop are:
- Introducing service-learning as a teaching method (in comparison to others).
- Types of service-learning and E-service-learning.
- Benefits of service-learning for students, teachers and community partners.
- Involving community partners in service-learning.
- Service-learning in practice: difficulties and solutions.
- Specificities of assessing service-learning courses.
- Good practice examples and worksheets.
During the training, a mix of theoretical and practical inputs and participatory, interactive methods in small groups will be applied.
The trainer of the workshop is Dr. Katharina Resch (MSc). Katharina Resch is a sociologist and educational researcher at the University of Vienna, Austria. Among her research interests are educational research and didactics, diversity, inclusion, and service-learning.
Register here by 4th July. The workshop is limited to 21 participants. Principle of selection: first come, first served. A waiting list is going to be provided.