The Arqus European University Alliance aspires to build on the member universities’ sound prior experience in cooperation in order to achieve a high level of integration in its members’ policies and action plans in order to:
- Enhance the education of critically engaged European and global citizens who are able and willing to contribute to a multicultural, multilingual and inclusive Europe which is open to the world.
- Increase and improve the joint research capacity of the partner universities;
- Better respond to the grand societal challenges of the 21st century in Europe and beyond.
Through enhanced sustained cooperation, the Arqus European University Alliance will work together as a laboratory for institutional learning in an innovative and open way to:
- Attain a substantially higher level of quality in education and research, and deeper societal, cultural and civic engagement.
- Educate engaged critical European citizens to become competent decision-makers.
- Become a model for European university integration.
- Disseminate its experience, challenges and successes at European and global level.